Donation Coordinator Volunteer for DART Resource Center
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1800 Chicago AveAll over metro areaMinneapolis, MN 55404
Purpose: Provide support to the DART Resource Center by seeking out monetary and in-kind donations from community donors to be used for directly for clients. The DART program serves homeless people in urban Minneapolis who face long-term, serious substance use disorders, isolation, strained and broken relationships, frequent run-ins with the police and corrections system, and frequent users of local community hospitals and detox centers. The DART Program’s Resource Center acts as a safe and nurturing escape from the dehumanizing addiction and violence on the streets. In this recovery focused center, DART staff facilitate recovery groups, one on one meetings to support individualized recovery plans and help people connect with needed healthcare, jobs and housing. Donations are used for incentives that encourage participation in groups and individual counseling, completion of chemical dependency treatment programming, follow through with healthcare recommendations and other significant milestones on a recovery journey. Receiving $10 gift cards or small gifts are clear rewards that lead to participation and success.
Responsibilities: All of the following duties will be completed with regular communications and close consults with the Coordinator of Volunteers and DART Supervisor.
- Researches and cultivates relationships with individual, corporate, and community groups donors for the solicitation of in-kind goods and monetary donations
- Communicates with potential donors regarding items to be donated, as well as planned delivery of said items
- Exercises discretion regarding acceptance and/or disposition of donated goods and maintains donor relationship through attentive customer service
- Develop and maintain donation tracking mechanism
- Responds to inquiries, phone calls, and e-mail in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned by the staff and team
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the values and mission of Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department and the DART Program
- Ability to work independently
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Comfortable making "asks" and making "cold calls"
- Experience with and access to computer, internet, and phone preferred
- Highly organized individual, with excellent follow up skills as well as the ability to overcome objections and obstacles in the pursuit of success
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language
- Applicants must complete the application, interview and orientation process, provide 2 references, and pass a criminal background check.
Time Commitment: 1-2 days per week-flexible schedule. Sixth month commitment is requested.
Location: The volunteer has ability to work from home and will report work to staff at 1800 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Supervision: The volunteer will be supervised by the DART Supervisor and/or team at the Resource Center along with the Coordinator of Volunteers. Volunteer will be responsible for reporting the number of hours she/he serves each month.
- Volunteers will gain valuable experience working with a variety of government staff and community individuals and groups to develop and hone donation coordination skills
- An evaluation will be conducted by Coordinator of Volunteers to provide volunteer with feedback on performance
- Volunteers can be reimbursed for mileage expense pertaining to the assignment if requested
- A letter of recommendation can be written upon request
- Opportunities to receive free entrance to Science Museum and Omni Theater throughout the year
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 days p/wk. Flexible schedule. 6 mon commitment