Project Hawai'i, Inc. is a nonprofit organization run 100% by volunteers. We are solely supported by public donations. Our mission is to enhance the lives of homeless children living in extreme poverty.
Our summer educational program is designed to provide a wide variety of programs to help the children build self-esteem and learn the life and social skills they need to succeed in school. This is our 11th year anniversary, so we are excited and will be adding new programs to the camp, including working on being 100% organic.
We are seeking volunteer interns that would like to help us build our program to be more self sufficient. There are so many different aspects of camp, so we invite those to look over what interest them and take on that responsibility. Interns can be from anywhere, and pretty much work from their home. No matter which position chose, it will be something that can be done on the phone, emails, social media, etc.
For those interns who wish to work hands on with the homeless children at camp, that is fine too. We can even provide accommodations if you choose to stay at camp with us.
Here are the categories we are seeking interns for:
- Share Your Talent Guests: This will require the inter to help us locate and schedule volunteers who wish to share their talents with our children at the camp for a 2 to 3.5 hour shift(s). Talents can be anything. Our goal is to provide a wide variety of learning to our children. Some examples are Yogi, Science, Arts, Music, Cultural, Games, Outdoor Sports, Theater, anything!!
- Meal/Food Collections/Donations: This will require the intern to help secure the food needed for camp. This is best done by having groups, clubs, churches take on a day of meals and collect the proper foods. We are hoping to go 100% organic this year...last year it was 80%, so hopefully! I will provide you sample menus to help with setting up groups to get started
- Teen Mentoring Workshops: This would require the intern to recruit and set up 3 workshops for our teen mentors. Workshops can offer any type of skill building, life choices, dealing with situations, learning about themselves, etc. The workshops are hosted various day(s), time(s) and locations. I will give details. The workshop teacher can do all 3 if needed or wanted.
- Cultural Ambassador. The intern would need to recruit a volunteer(s) who will work with the teens. Our wishes are to have the teens learn a simple hula, make a hula skirt/accessories, learn about the history or cultural value, and even open to making a Hawaiian dish. Again, dates will be provided to the intern that chooses this project.
- General Donations/Supply Needs for camp: We are seeking an intern that would like to help secure the supplies needed, monetary donations for non-tangable donations, or for items not donated.
- Camp Assistant: I am seeking someone who will "follow" me at camp, help with the day to day activities and help where needed. Basically a director in training! This would be someone who would be available from June 29th -July 13th. Depending on the location of the intern, and the situation, intern can just "live" with us...
For those who are interested in ONLY helping with one of the above, like taking on a Share your talent day, or hosting a food drive, or making a donation of supplies, that too is fine. Please be as specific as you can when replying. Mahalo again for your time and help to change the world for these precious children
- Customer Service
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 hours per week
- Must be reliable, be organized, responsible