Are you a strong, experienced writer, editor or journalist or are you planning a career as a writer, editor or journalist? Do you want to have real world experience to strengthen your resume, earn community service hours or academic credit? Hone your writing and editing skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, produce the best-in-class educational software program on personal finance for at-risk Americans teens. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
Choose your assignment Write and/or edit segments of the script, blog articles, marketing materials, website content, social media pieces, or grant proposals.
Editors: Are you a detail person? Do you want to develop your grammar, puncuation, and formatting skills? Proofread and edit our written coontent or compile footnotes and glossaries
You can feel good about working on a program that will ensure teens have the information they need to become and remain financially successful.
Compensation As a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Volunteers who exceed expectations and who make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference, written by the CEO .
2. Meeting expectations of the volunteer position will entitle you to be acknowledged on the our website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate.
5. Learn about personal finance as you research and write about relevant topics.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone, saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Many of our interns have a paid job not related to their career and intern with us as their career related experience.
- Provide writing samples upon request.
- Minimum of 10 hours per week for a short-term (4 months) committment.
Preferences for: Professional writers and journalists or college students pursuing a career in a related field. A committment of 6-months or longer.
- General Education
- Grant Writing / Research
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Financial Literacy
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Prefer 10 or more hours/wk. for min. of 4 months,
- Major or career in related field. Organized. Maturity to work remotely. Motivated. Creativity a plus