Are you an experienced writer, editor or proofreader? Do you want to publish your work? Are you planning a career in journalism? Do you want to have real-world experience to strengthen your resume, earn community service hours or academic credit? Hone your writing, editing and proofreading skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, break the cycle of poverty in the United States. App to Succeed, Inc. develops best-in-class educational programs specifically designed for at-risk Americans. You will be working on a comprehensive personal-finance program for 16-19-year-olds. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
Choose your assignment
Write or edit content for an engaging , entertaining experience for teens
Research and write blog articles,
Edit or write website content, social media pieces, grant proposals
Update the business plan.
Are you a detail person? Do you want to develop your grammar, punctuation, and formatting skills? Proofread and edit our written content and compile footnotes and glossaries.
You can feel good about working on a program that will ensure teens have the information they need to become and remain financially successful.
Compensation As a nonprofit, we offer other forms of compensation as we are not, yet, able to pay our interns,
1. Volunteers who exceed expectations and who make a significant contribution will receive a personal letter of reference, written by the CEO.
2. Volunteers who fulfill their volunteer commitments will be acknowledged on the website and in the credits of the interactive financial experience will be when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate.
5. Learn about personal finance as you research and write about relevant topics.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible. Or by assignment.
- Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone, saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Provide a link to your portfolio or attach two brief (1-2 pages) writing samples. No need to write anything new for this purpose, school assignments, newspaper articles, correspondence is acceptable. (You may black-out any personal information.)
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong editing and proof-reading skills.
- Ability to complete your assignment on timely basis. (Quality of your work is more important than quantity or speed.)
Professional editors, journalists, writers or college students pursuing a career in those fields.
min. 10+ hours per week for less than four months;
min. 8+ hours per week for four months or more.
Option to extend.