Are you an experienced editor or proofreader? Are you planning a career in journalism? Do you want to have real world experience to strengthen your resume, earn community service hours or academic credit? Hone your editing and proof reading skills while helping App to Succeed, Inc. a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to break the cycle of poverty in the United States by providing the best-in-class educational software program that includes comprehensive personal finance information for at-risk Americans teens. No prior knowledge of personal finance is needed.
Choose your assignment Edit segments of the script, blog articles, marketing materials, website content, social media pieces, or grant proposals or the business plan.
Editors: Are you a detail person? Do you want to develop your grammar, punctuation, and formatting skills? Proofread and edit our written content or compile footnotes and glossaries.
You can feel good about working on a program that will ensure teens have the information they need to become and remain financially successful.
Compensation As a nonprofit, we are not, yet, able to pay our interns, but we do offer other forms of compensation:
1. Volunteers who exceed expectations and who make a significant contribution will receive personal letter of reference, written by the CEO.
2. Volunteers who fulfill their colunteer commitments will be acknowledged on the website and in the credits of the software program when published.
3. Earn academic credit and / or community service hours, with your school's approval.
4. Complete your assignments and meet expectations and you will be awarded a certificate.
5. Learn about personal finance as you research and write about relevant topics.
- Hours are flexible
- Start dates and end dates are flexible.
- Work can be done remotely and meetings can be held by Skype, or by phone, saving the time and cost of commuting.
- Many of our interns have a paid job not related to their career and intern with us as their career related experience.
- Provide writing samples upon request.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong editing and proof reading skills.
Prefer: Professional editors, journalists, writers or college students pursuing a career in a related field. 10+ hours per week. 4+ months
- Grant Writing / Research
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Financial Literacy
- Reading / Writing
- Program Management
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, but prefer 10 + hours per week
- Editor, Journalism, Proofreader, Detail oriented, Maturity to work remotely, self motivated,