Get outside, up close and personal with nature! Best workout combo service project ever! As a Clarehouse Gardener you help maintain the lawn, gardens, annual and perennial beds, including:
- weeding beds and walkways
- pruning, trimming and removing last season's growth
- tidying beds, ensuring memorial stones/tributes are clearly visible
- plant annuals, bulbs, new or replacement bushes or trees
- ensure watering schedule
- remove spent blooms
- applying mulch
- removing trash/debris from creek/creekbanks
- sweeping or blowing patios, decks, outdoor areas, water features
- assessing plantings for stress or disease
- applying earth-friendly fertilizers, insecticidal soaps, pesticides
- exterior buildings
Gardener may serve individually or with gardening group. Gardener/s may "Adopt a Bed" for the season!
Dress for the weather. While Clarehouse tools, gloves, restroom facilities and water are available, most Gardeners prefer to bring your own equipment (gloves, boots, hats, goggles, pruners, shovels, etc., water/rehydration snacks).
- Environmental Education
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 8
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible shifts! Gardener may serve 1-8 hours
- Passion for Clarehouse, mobility, agility, flexibility!