Promote awareness of Alzheimer's disease and the Alzheimer's Association to the general public and professionals. Volunteer educators receive special training to learn more about Alzheimer’s disease and its effects. After completing the training, educators are asked to help the Alzheimer’s Association staff by attending events throughout the community to educate and inform individuals and caregivers about the disease.
Speaking engagements are requested throughout the year and educators choose which events fit their schedule. We ask volunteer educators to complete at least one program a month.
- Public Speaking
- Adult Education
- General Education
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Office & Program Promotion...
- Support Group Leader -...
- Support Group Volunteer -...
- Volunteer Educator - Lexington, KY
- Volunteer Educator (Evansville)
- Become a Support Group Leader...
- Community Outreach Volunteer -...
- Health Fair Table Host...
- Advocacy Volunteer (Pikeville)
- Advocacy Volunteer (Prestonsburg)
- Community Outreach & Program...
- Advocacy Volunteer (Somerset)
- Volunteer Educator (Paducah)
- Advocacy Volunteer (Bowling Green)
- Volunteer Educator -...