This individual will be crucial in the fundraising process and will need to work closely with the Fundraising Coordinator, as most events will serve the purpose of raising money to fuel our programs. An adequate event coordinator will need a team to cover all duties which include booking event spaces, arranging for food and beverage, ordering necessary supplies and audiovisual equipment, making travel arrangements, ordering event signs, and looking after every detail necessary for the event to run smoothly and successfully. Research, creativity, and resourcefulness are necessary traits of the person in this position.
* Assist with negotiations for space contracts and booking event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel/lodging arrangements for speakers and special guests, order event signs and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Executive Director and Core Team.
* Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to assemble a team and delegate responsibilities to each member of the team to get the event duties completed efficiently and effectively.
* Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help make decisions about event details.
* Create and revise room layouts for each event.
* Evaluate each event and propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process for future events.
* Serve as the liaison for vendors on event-related matters.
* Assist with managing on-site set-up, production and clean up for events, as necessary.
* Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
* Close out all events, as required.
* Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Core Team for each event project.
* Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
* Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
* Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
* Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
* Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
* Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
* Ability to accomplish projects under direct supervision and independently.
* Amazing customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
* At least 1 year experience coordinating special events.
Proficiency in using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Customer Service
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Highly personable, Energetic Self-Starter, Highly responsible, Self-motivated Individual, Organized