Our Cat Adoption Center is looking for dedicated Cat Care volunteers. This position would report to our Cat Adoption Center Manager. This position is open to volunteers 12-15 years old WITH AN ADULT or 16+ years old on your own.
Cat Care typically takes 2 hours and is done in the mornings starting at 7am and in the evenings starting at 7pm. We need volunteers to cover ONE shift per week (for example, you might be assigned to Friday morning cat care, 7-9am, if it works with your schedule).
You must be able to lift at least 50 pounds and bend/reach into cat kennels/condos. In addition to the new volunteer orientation, you will be required to attend cat care specific training prior to being assigned a cat care shift.
Cat Care volunteer responsibilities include cleaning the cat condos (including litter boxes), feeding and watering the cats, giving medications to the cats as needed, switching over loads of cat laundry, sweeping/mopping floors, and (best of all) socializing and playing with the cats.
Right now, we are in greatest need of volunteers who can cover mornings shifts, 7-9am.
We look forward to meeting you! If you're interested, please fill out our Volunteer Application: http://www.carverscotths.org/volunteer_application/
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week
- Availability in the mornings (starting at 7am) OR in the evenings (starting at 7pm).
- Janitorial Assistance
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Vetting Coordinator
- Receptionist/Office Support at...
- Fur Keeps Dog Medical Advocate
- Fur Keeps Cat Behavior Advocate
- Fundraising & Event Coordinator
- Fur Keeps Dog Behavior Advocate
- Cat Foster Coordinator
- Cat Adoption Center - Cat Care...
- Dog Adoption Coordinator
- Technical Support Volunteer
- Cat Intake Coordinator
- Cat and Dog Adoption Advocates
- Newsletter Coordinator
- Fur Keeps Cat Medical Advocate
- Animal Transport Assistance...