Volunteers help clients walk through the MNsure application process. We see between 7 - 15 clients per day. Each application process varies in its complexity depending on the household composition, sources of income, and so forth so each application ranges in time from 30 minutes to well over an hour. Also make appropriate referrals to other areas of Community Services.
Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Road West, West St. Paul, 2 nd floor.
Dates and Time
Vary depending on need. Schedules will be set up after volunteer orientation and processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Basic housekeeping duties
- Assist residents and the general public in applying for healthcare
- Assist Community Services in their daily activities
- Must be 18+
- Must be able to demonstrate basic customer service skills
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Must be comfortable working with computers and/or laptops
Minimum Time Commitment
Flexible time commitments depending on availability and schedule.
Easy - May include light work or walking short distances over relatively level terrain. Comfortable shoes recommended.
Volunteers may be required to complete specific training as required by position.
- People Skills
- PC Platform
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months