In 2015 our Food Pantry served 11,663 individuals, and we're looking for dedicated volunteers who can help us continue that level of service in 2016 with a commitment of at least 2 days each week and 4 hours per day.This opportunity is not suitable for groups. If you receive goods and services from our Pantry, you may not serve in a volunteer capacity.
Working side-by-side with staff from The Salvation Army, Food Pantry Volunteers will perform the following duties:
- Pack bags according to family size
- Stock shelves
- Sort food & check for expired food
- Help unload delivery trucks
- Maintain a neat work area
- Break down boxes
- Assist clients in taking their bags to the car when asked
- Remove all waste at the end of the day
Volunteers must be able to lift up to 30 lbs, have good communication skills, the willingness to work in a diverse atmosphere and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Background check is required.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- 2 days per week;4 hours per day
- Not suitable for Community Service Volunteers