Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Ventures!
To join our list of interested volunteers, please complete all three steps below:
- Fill out our online Volunteer Application (which can be found by visiting http://venturesnonprofit.org/help-invest/volunteer/)
- Send your resume to email@example.com
- Attend the one of the upcoming Volunteer Orientations on June 20th or September 15th both will be from 6:30 to 7:30pm. If you are interested in working directly with low-income business owners, please plan to stay for a Business Coaches’ Training from 7:30 to 9:00pm. Ventures will send you a reminder and more detailed information about this orientation closer to the date.
The Resource Development Committee supports the resource development staff in increasing the financial stability of Ventures by seeking individual, Board, corporate, foundation and government funding. Specifically, the members work with staff to develop an annual fund development plan that includes a variety of strategies. Members will assist staff and Board with implementation, monitoring, and tracking progress towards the goals in the annual fund plan and budget. This is a standing committee.Responsibilities
- Attend monthly Resource Development Committee Meetings that take place on the 2 nd Friday of the month from 10:30am- 12:00pm at the Ventures office or via conference call.
- Respond to emails related to Committee activities.
- Attend three Ventures events per year: one program event, one outreach or networking event and one annual fundraising event.
- Work closely with the Resource Development Manager on a variety of resource development initiatives, donor stewardship activities and special events.
- Approximately 3 hours per month
- Social Media / Blogging
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per month
- experience in fundraising and passionate about contributing to Ventures' mission.