Sholom is a not-for-profit organization providing a broad continuum of residential, social service and health care services primarily for older adults within a Jewish environment.
Because we are a not for profit organization, we always need more people than we can get; this is where volunteers come in; each one of our volunteers deserves their price in gold and we could never thank them enough. Due to life happening, volunteers come and go, we always need to recruit new volunteers. Examples of what a volunteer can do:
- spend time with residents, read to them, listen, exchange memories, hold a hand
- accompany residents to activities, festive meals, on the terrace in nice weather
- draw and paint with residents
- take them to religious services
- be part of the MUSIC THERAPY SESSIONS where residents use headphones to listen to their favorite music; it enhances their quality of life, makes people more alert, less agitated and happier for a whole day;
- accompany a resident to outings and help with shopping, a play, a movie; Sholom has their own bus and outings are a hit with our population.
No matter in what capacity, how long, how many times, you would make a difference in one person's life.
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Anytime between 9AM and 7PM