Improve the quality of life of a senior today!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
Sholom, in partnership with our community, supports adults in need across the continuum of care, to live life fully in a Jewish environment where all are welcome.
Because we are a not for profit organization, we always need more people than we can get; this is where volunteers come in; each one of our volunteers deserves their price in gold and we could never thank them enough. Due to life happening, volunteers come and go, we always need to recruit new volunteers. Examples of what a volunteer can do:
- spend time with residents, read to them, listen, exchange memories, hold a hand
- accompany residents to activities, festive meals, on the terrace in nice weather
- draw and paint with residents
- take them to religious services
- be part of the MUSIC THERAPY SESSIONS where residents use headphones to listen to their favorite music; it enhances their quality of life, makes people more alert, less agitated and happier for a whole day;
- accompany a resident to outings and help with shopping, a play, a movie; Sholom has their own bus and outings are a hit with our population.
No matter in what capacity, how long, how many times, you would make a difference in one person's life.
We'll work with your schedule.
740 Kay Ave St Paul, MN, 55102SHOLOM HOME EASTSt.Paul, MN 55102
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Reading / Writing
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- Anytime between 9AM and 7PM