Volunteers in this area serve with nurses, technologists, and staff to provide a caring and helpful atmosphere for patients, visitors, and families. The volunteer serves closely with the Discharge Technician to expedite discharges of patients. Volunteers are provided with wheelchair training and safely demonstrate usage of wheelchairs. Volunteers also serve as a guide to visitors and families directing them to various areas of the hospital, and assist staff with other tasks as necessary, such as keeping admissions packets prepared, copying and filing forms, and folding gowns and linens. Volunteers should possess the desire to help deliver quality patient care.
Volunteers should have the stamina for extensive walking and standing and have the ability to push a patient in wheelchair.
Previous volunteers have loved this opportunity because they serve very close to patients and staff. It's great experience if you are looking for a career in the medical field.
Currently we are looking for volunteers on weekdays from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Most volunteers serve a 4 hour shift once per week
- Sapulpa Gift Shop Volunteer
- Owasso Gift Shop Volunteer
- Owasso Guest Services Desk...
- Endoscopy Discharge Volunteer
- Sapulpa Way Finding Desk & Extra...
- Sapulpa Emergency Room Volunteer
- Patient Dismissals and Equipment...
- Gift Shop Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Guest Services...
- Flower Delivery Volunteer
- Cardio-Pulmonary Rehab Volunteer
- Owasso Radiology Volunteer
- Broken Arrow Auxiliary Gift Shop