Calvary Women’s Services provides homeless women in Washington, DC "a safe, caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow." Karaoke Party Volunteers ensure that the residents have some fun while they are onsite. These groups of 5-6 volunteers plan and execute monthly karaoke parties for women who live in Calvary’s transitional housing programs.
Karaoke Party Volunteers are required to make a strong commitment to host 3 karaoke parties per year (one each quarter). Karaoke parties are held on the third Saturday of every month. Volunteers are required to arrive at 6:30 pm to set up for the party, host the party from 7-8:30 and then clean up afterwards.
Volunteers can expect to:
- Plan a theme for the party and provide a few decorations as well as song suggestions. Possible themes could be: Throwback nights ('70s, '80s, '90s), Female Ballads, Hawaiian etc.
- Set up the decorations and Calvary’s karaoke machine (we have one on site for you to use) from 6:30 - 7:00 pm.
- Enjoy singing, dancing and good company with the residents from 7:00-8:30 pm.
- People Skills
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Kids Teens Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 6:30 - 8:30, third Saturday of the month, 3 months
- A willingness to act a little goofy!