Karaoke Party Volunteers
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
26 people are interested
Calvary Women’s Services provides homeless women in Washington, DC "a safe, caring place for tonight; support, hope and change for tomorrow." Karaoke Party Volunteers ensure that the residents have some fun while they are onsite. These groups of 5-6 volunteers plan and execute monthly karaoke parties for women who live in Calvary’s transitional housing programs.
Karaoke Party Volunteers are required to make a strong commitment to host 2 karaoke parties per year. Karaoke parties are held on the third Saturday of every month. Volunteers are required to arrive at 6:00 pm to set up for the party, host the party from 6:30 to 8:00 pm and then clean up afterwards.
Volunteers can expect to:
- Plan a theme for the party and provide a few decorations as well as song suggestions. Possible themes could be: Throwback nights ('70s, '80s, '90s), Female Ballads, Hawaiian etc.
- Set up the decorations and Calvary’s karaoke machine (we have one on site for you to use)
- Enjoy singing, dancing and good company with the residents.
About Calvary Women's Services
1217 Good Hope Road, SE, Washington, DC 20020, US
To achieve excellence in what we offer: a safe, caring place for tonight; support, hope, and change for tomorrow.
Calvary Women’s Services offers housing, health, employment and education programs that empower homeless women in Washington, DC to change their lives.
We'll work with your schedule.
1217 Good Hope Road, SEWashington, DC 20020
- People Skills
- Music Arts
- Orientation or Training
- 6:30 - 8:30pm, third Saturday of the month
- A willingness to act a little goofy and have a fun time!