Mentor - Interact with a group of courageous, engaging and determined youth!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where11 Shattuck StWorcester, MA 01605
Ascentria’s Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program (URM) supports unaccompanied minors from around the world. Our URM program presently serves over 160 individuals representing over 20 countries. Some have lived in refugee camps for any number of years and others are migrant children. These young people deal with a broad range of circumstances, such as separation from parents, interrupted education, and profound loss or trauma.
Mentor Role Overview: Mentors will support young adults in our URM program, ages 17-22, through on-going group workshops and activities promoting positive cultural and social exploration and exchange. Mentors participate in workshops planned by the Program Coordinator. Mentors will help to engage our youth in workshops and executing goals as a group. This program will have on-site and off-site activities so that youth can participate in a variety of experiences. The program will meet bimonthly for approximately 2 hours from December 2016 to May 2017. Each mentor will be matched with 4 mentees to lead and collaborate with throughout the program.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Completion of Ascentria volunteer screening and application process
- Help Clean and Detail Donated...
- Mentor - Interact with a group...
- Support our Refugee Resettlement...
- Every Foster Child is Unique
- Make a Difference in the Lives...
- Office Support
- Support Our Refugee Resettlement...
- Like Driving? Why Not Do It for...
- Make a Difference in the Life of...
- Cultural Orientation for Refugees
- Every Person Needs Friendship...
- Tutor young people and help them...