The Annual French Creek Iron Tour Cycling for Open Space Event
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Saturday, June 8, 2019
- Set up tents, tables, etc. at Kimberton Fire Company (12 noon)
- Check courses and put up signs
- Parking (6:00 am -10:00)
- Registration (6:15 am - 10:00)
- Rest Stop - Vincent Baptist Church (7:30 - 11:30)
- Rest Stop - Stonewall Golf Course (9:00 - 12:00)
- Rest Stop - Hopewell Furnace (10:30 - 3:00)
- Rest Stop - Hibernia Park (11:00 - 2:00)
- Rest Stop - North Coventry Elementary School (10:30 - 3:45)
- Assist with food at Kimberton Fire Company (10:30 - 1:00)
- Assist with food at Kimberton Fire Company (1:00 - 4:30)
- Breakdown and clean up at Kimberton Fire Company (3:30 - 6:00)
- SAG (ride the courses to check on riders) 7:30-12:30
- SAG (ride the courses to check on riders) 12:30-4:30
- Road Crossing Marshals - Please indicate below time between 7:15 am and 4:00 pm you are available.
Join over 1,000 riders for scenic cycling through northern Chester County and celebrate the iron and steel industry, which started in Pennsylvania. No region in the nation can boast a longer history with, and connection to, the iron and steel industry. This part of America literally forged the nation. The French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust preserves open space where iron blast furnaces and forges served as cornerstones of industry in colonial Pennsylvania - hence "Iron Tour."
When you ride in the French Creek Iron Tour, you have a direct impact on the preservation of the pristine countryside that surrounds you. 100% of the proceeds from the Iron Tour go to French & Pickering to further their mission of preserving, stewarding and connecting people to the land in northern Chester County. Since 1967, the French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust has protected nearly 12,000 acres of open space in northern Chester County.
With courses ranging from 11 to 100 miles, there’s something for everyone - from seasoned riders looking for a challenge to families with kids in tow. New this year- the inaugural Gravel Grinder! This 70-mile ride includes the best gravel, roads and trails in the area.
Visit www.irontour.org for more information.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Kimberton Fire HouseKimberton Fair Grounds61 Firehouse LanePhoenixville, PA 19460
- Administrative Support
- Food & Beverage Services
- Public Relations
- Bus/Van Driving
- Supply Chain Logistics
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 8 hours
- Children must be accompanied by an adult