The Annual French Creek Iron Tour Cycling for Open Space Event
WhenSun Jun 10, 2018, 06:30 AM - 05:00 PM
WhereKimberton Fire HouseKimberton Fair Grounds61 Firehouse LanePhoenixville, PA 19460
June 9, 2018
- Set up tents, tables, etc. at Kimberton Fire Company (12 noon)
- Check courses and put up signs
- Parking (6:00 am -10:00)
- Registration (6:15 am - 10:00)
- Rest Stop - Vincent Baptist Church (7:30 - 11:30)
- Rest Stop - Stonewall Golf Course (9:00 - 12:00)
- Rest Stop - Hopewell Furnace (10:30 - 3:00)
- Rest Stop - Hibernia Park (11:00 - 2:00)
- Rest Stop - North Coventry Elementary School (10:30 - 3:45)
- Assist with food at Kimberton Fire Company (10:30 - 1:00)
- Assist with food at Kimberton Fire Company (1:00 - 4:30)
- Breakdown and clean up at Kimberton Fire Company (3:30 - 6:00)
- SAG (ride the courses to check on riders) 7:30-12:30
- SAG (ride the courses to check on riders) 12:30-4:30
- Road Crossing Marshals - Please indicate below time between 7:15 am and 4:00 pm you are available.
Sunday, June 10, 2018
Join over 1,400 riders for scenic cycling through northern Chester County and celebrate the 300th anniversary of the iron and steel industry which started in Pennsylvania. No region in the nation can boast a longer history with, and connection to, the iron and steel industry. This part of America literally forged the nation. The French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trustpreserves open space where iron blast furnaces and forges served as cornerstones of industry in colonial Pennsylvania - hence "Iron Tour."
When you ride in the French Creek Iron Tour, you have a direct impact on the preservation of the pristine countryside that surrounds you. Since 1967, the French and Pickering Creeks Conservation Trust has protected nearly 12,000 acres of open space in northern Chester County.
With courses ranging from 11 to 100 miles, there’s something for everyone - from seasoned riders looking for a challenge to families with kids in tow.
Visit www.irontour.org for more information.
- Administrative Support
- Food & Beverage Services
- Public Relations
- Bus/Van Driving
- Supply Chain Logistics
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- 4 to 8 hours
- Children must be accompanied by an adult