UN Women USNC LA Chapter Board Vice President Wanted
The Los Angeles Chapter of the USNC for UN WOMEN is looking for a Vice President to join their Board. The Vice President's role is to serve as a right hand person to the chapter President. The nomination and selection process comprises of a 3 month interim where candidate would be observed to see what experience and skills they could bring to the chapter. Upon completion of 3 month grace period the best fitting candidate will be extended and invitation to join. Please note that this position is completely voluntary and is not paid. We are looking for someone with strong organizational and management experience.
The ideal Vice President candidate would have a passion for women's rights and social justice. We are looking for energetic, creative individual oversee the chapter's committees, follow up with committee chairs to ensure that projects are being completed and offer ideas to create efficiencies within the chapter.
This role requires approximately 10 hours per week.
- Preside in the absence of the President;
- Become President in the event of a vacancy in that office;
- work with the President to design the strategic plans (yearly and five year) for the organization;
- Work with the President to set long range objectives for the sustainable expansion and development of the chapter;
- Work with the President to ensure that the requirements of the Agreement with the U.S. National Committee are met
- Oversee the activities of the Coordinators for all committees;
- Perform all other duties incident to the office and such duties as may be directed by the President and the Board of Directors.
Please note that if selected this would be a 3 year commitment
Please email resume, cover letter & portfolio* links to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Portfolio and samples of work can be submitted as a pdf, website, behance or dribble url.
- Resource Development / Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approx 10+ hours per week