UN Women USNC LA Chapter Board Communication Chair Wanted
The Los Angeles Chapter of the USNC for UN WOMEN is looking for a Communications Chair Board member. The Communication Chair oversees the communications committee. The members of this committee include: the PR Coordinator and Intern, Social Media Coordinator and Intern, and Marketing Coordinator and Intern, and one other Member-At-Large. This committee is made up of a blend of mentors and interns who are experts in marketing, social media, branding and design and passionately donate their expertise and experience in support of UN Women as part of their inner drive to improve and raise awareness for women's rights, human rights and gender equality.
The ideal Communication chair candidate would have a passion for women's rights and social justice. We are looking for energetic, creative individual oversee the timely and comprehensive dissemination of information to chapter members about programs, workshops, governmental issues, and other matters of interest via chapter publications, social media, and marketing campaigns.
This role requires approximately 5 hours per week.
- Develop a communications plan and overall strategy, integrating documentation from PR, social media, and marketing sub-committees
- Create and oversee production / editorial schedule and calendars
- Create and oversee communications database and folders
- Oversee all activity within the Public Relation, Social Media, and Marketing Sub-Committees and ensure that teams are working cohesively
- Monitor and evaluate on a continuing basis global, national, and local activity that may have an impact on the chapter
- Facilitate clear lines of communication between sub-committees and members-at-large
- Maintain and oversee all documentation and presentations produced by the Communications Committee and disseminate across chapter to relevant parties
- Monitor and evaluate committee effectiveness and activities
- Coordinate and lead monthly committee meetings / calls
- Provide monthly updates at the board of directors meetings
- Attend all required monthly membership and board of directors meetings
Please email resume, cover letter & portfolio* links to email@example.com
* Portfolio and samples of work can be submitted as a pdf, website, behance or dribble url.
- Content Management Systems
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Approx 5+ hours per week