Chemists Without Borders is working on solving humanitarian problems in a number of countries using the expertise of chemists in our community but also with a number of non-chemists. In Bangladesh, for example, we are working with high schools to educate students on the health hazards of arsenic in drinking water. In two of those schools, we have been able to raise funds to replace their wells contaminated with arsenic. This project has brought safe water to about 4000 students. We have also developed a Health Education Course for Bangladesh high school students. In Bangladesh, we are also setting up a facility to manufacture inexpensive test strips to measure arsenic concentration in water and another facility to measure arsenic concentration in rice.
We are also developing chemistry kits using small quantities of chemicals for high school students in Sierra Leone. This will allow schools without a chemistry lab to still do chemistry experiments.
Chemists Without Borders has an exciting volunteer opportunity for a web developer who will join the development team to finish our new website and maintain it as the number and complexity of our projects increase.The position includes uploading content to a CMS, simple graphic editing, and basic HTML coding.
Essential Job Duties:
- Posting content to the web via the web content management system
- Creating /editing snippets of HTML
- Other duties as assigned related to the redesign project
- Monitor the security of the website through Google Analytics
- Prior working knowledge of content management systems
- Web savvy with the ability to edit HTML code
- Knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs
- Ability to take direction and manage priorities
- Excellent time management
- Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and search engine optimization experience preferred
While the above qualifications are desirable, passion about our mission, desire to make a difference in the world, and the willingness to work hard to achieve goals often compensate for specific educational and experience qualifications. This is an unpaid position. If you find the position attractive, if you find the position attractive, you can email your resume to email@example.com
- Google Apps
- SQL / MySQL
- Security / Network Administration
- Microsoft Office Suite
- IT Consulting
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- at least 6 months commitment required