The River Parkway Trust is recruiting volunteers to join our team of River Center Docents. This volunteer opportunity is perfect for individuals who:
- Have an interest in local history.
- Enjoy meeting and working with new people.
- Are enthusiastic about helping our community connect to the San Joaquin River Parkway.
- Have experience in a retail setting.
River Center Docents make it possible to keep the River Center Ranch House and River Store open to the public on weekends. The first step to becoming a Docent is participating in the River Center Docent Orientation and Training. This session will include information about:
- River Parkway Trust mission, history and programs
- Riverview Ranch History
- Leading Ranch House Tours
- Working in the River Store
Following your participation in the River Center Docent training program, you will be scheduled to shadow an experienced Docent.
- Customer Service
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Two 2.5 hour shifts per month
- River Store Docents must have computer experience.