Interested in serving your community during a disaster? Join the DC Disaster Action Team today!
30 people are interested
This exciting volunteer position enables you to directly help individuals and families in your community to recover from every day disasters which are mainly house fires.
OPEN TIME DAYS
* Attend/complete required orientation and training within 60 days.
* Sign up for on-call shifts and/or be available for shifts as required by your area Disaster Program Specialist.
* Respond to a minimum of 2 calls during the 6 month training period.
* Promptly answer and reply for availability to calls from dispatch.
* Attend monthly team meetings.REQUIRED TRAINING
This position provides a well-crafted career path that carefully guides you through various training sessions and 4 levels, Beginner to Advanced. Each level contains easy to complete modules.
* Orientation to the American Red Cross (On-line within 30 days).
* DAT Orientation (Classroom within 30 days).
* Disaster Services: An Overview (Classroom within 30 days).
* DAT Camp - a series of additional on-line and classroom trainings (within 6 months).
* On site response (2 within 6 months).
* Other training opportunities available as needed.｠
We'll work with your schedule.
2025 E Street NW#SE-1068Washington, DC 20006
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- A DAT Trainee is required to complete all trainings, response calls, and monthly meetings.