The Young Women’s Leadership Program (YWLP) supports refugee girls by promoting educational enrichment, leadership and life skills while establishing a foundation for their future careers. The program provides essential skills to help high school girls grow toward self-sufficiency. The YWLP is committed to closing the achievement gap and supporting girls at risk of falling behind. We aim to impact the lives of teen girls by providing continuous encouragement, support and personal engagement.Key Responsibilities
- Assistance with student enrollment processes including individual orientation, interviews, and match services
- Assistance with developing supplemental curriculum, assessments and evaluations for incoming school year
- Assistance with developing a system for student files, calculating and logging data for focus groups evaluations and assessments
- Charting results from mentee enrollment interviews and exit interviews
- Assist in developing mentor training, literature, matching and activities for new mentors and volunteers
- Tutor students in individual and small group settings
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in education and educational experiences of refugees
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with others in a culturally sensitive, kind and mature manner
- Strong skills in Youth development
- Experience and interest in working with volunteers and clients
- Previous experience working with youth, non-profit, and/or volunteer experience preferred
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Intern with our Financial...
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Afterschool Program Intern-...