Our diverse youth programs, which include afterschool and summer camp programming, help refugee students overcome past and present challenges and move quickly down the road to academic and social success. New American Pathways offers a proven academic afterschool program to 130 ELL students in three high-need DeKalb County schools. Afterschool activities provide all students with free tutoring and mentoring, enrichment activities, nutritious snacks, and transportation.Key Responsibilities
- Tutor refugee youth (grades K-5) in all academic subjects, specifically focusing on literacy skills, self-sufficiency, creativity, and academic progress
- Assist afterschool staff and AmeriCorps members with daily lessons and activities
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of the classrooms and all other spaces utilized
- Participate in recreational and enrichment activities with students
- Maintain punctuality and good attendance; notify the Site Supervisor and Senior Youth Coordinator in the event of lateness or unexpected absence, and follow the organization’s protocol for planned absences
- Help create a welcoming environment where all students feel safe and important
- Other duties as assigned
- Sensitivity to people of all cultures, ethnicities, and religious backgrounds
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Dependable and committed to the safety, health, and well-being of refugee youth
- Computer competency in MS Windows and MS Word
- At least 18 years of age and able to be physically active and mentally prepared to work with refugee youth of different ages, abilities, and backgrounds
- Experience working with youth in grades K-5 in an educational setting, preferably with refugee and/or immigrant youth
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Youth Services
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Intern with our Financial...
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Afterschool Program Intern-...