This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about key aspects of nonprofit communications and marketing.Key Responsibilities
- Collect stories and data from multiple, varied in and out of office sources
- Draft social media posts for various platforms
- Editing of current social media platforms to ensure content is dynamic and up-to-date
- Liaise with program staff and advancement team on communication needs
- Draft press releases, emails, communications and correspondence
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, and filing
- Work on special projects for Communications team
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Advanced skills with multiple social media tools preferred, including Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, MailChimp, Pinterest, etc.
- Submit to criminal background check
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity
- Must be comfortable working in a multicultural setting
- Interest in working in a nonprofit organization
- Interest in the refugee community
- Strong written and oral communication skills
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
- Administrative Support
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...