This position will provide qualified interns with experience about grant management through assistance with the Matching Grant Program at New American Pathways. The Matching Grant Program is a federally funded, early self-sufficiency program designed to provide newly arrived refugees with direct financial assistance and intensive employment services so that they can achieve self-sufficiency within 180 days of arrival. The grant requires the recipient organization to raise match at $.50 to the dollar. New American Pathways is required to maintain accurate client case files, track direct financial support to clients, and track matching in-kind and cash donations for this program. In this role, the intern will have opportunities to apply or refine his or her skills relating to grant compliance and supporting self-sufficiency.Key Responsibilities
- Assists with enrollment of eligible applicants into the Matching Grant Program
- Assists in compiling, editing and submitting monthly donation reports
- Collaborates with Career Services Department to present information through workshops regarding self-sufficiency and financial management
- Applies for government benefits on behalf of clients as they relate to the program
- Assists with administrative duties related to client case file accuracy
- Other duties as necessary
- Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds in written and oral form
- Organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize
- Willingness to gain understanding of the basic refugee experience
- Strong attention to detail
Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Administrative Support
- Donor Management
- Program Management
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Intern with our Financial...
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Afterschool Program Intern-...