This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about various aspects of processing immigration benefits. In this role, the intern will support the Immigration Services Staff with the paperwork and follow-up involved in applying for immigration benefits.Key Responsibilities
- Assists in maintaining paper and electronic files for immigration applications
- Assists in completing documentation including but not limited to case notes, client and outside agency correspondence
- Assists in contacting clients regarding the processing of their immigration applications
- Uses various resources that may include internet and immigration regulations to complete departmental research
- Completes other tasks as assigned
- Communication skills that include the ability to converse with people of various backgrounds and cultures; the ability to speak patiently and respectfully, remembering that many clients have limited knowledge of English language
- Ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients(preferred)
- Ability to express one’s thoughts clearly and succinctly through written word
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail in applications and written word
- Interest in and passion for the immigration process and service delivery at the client level
- Innovation and resourcefulness; the ability to maintain focus on the "big picture" while understanding the details required to support it.
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Teni-Ola Ogunjobi at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...