This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about many aspects of human resources in a nonprofit organization. In this role, theinternwill have the opportunity to apply and refine his/her skills related to program support, logistics and coordination of office processes/procedures, recruiting and training staff, and other office management functions.Key Responsibilities
- Assisting the HR Manager with maintaining and auditing personnel records on all employees and contractors
- Assisting the HR Manager with the Open Enrollment process
- Develop, review and edit HR correspondence
- Assist with conducting background and MVR checks
- Assist in maintaining proper file documentation with an organized and accurate filing system
- Carrying out administrative support tasks such as making phone calls, copying and filing
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability Completed coursework in Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Human Resource Management or a related field
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of various ethnic backgrounds in written and oral form
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and internet applications
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to be flexible in a high-paced environment
- High-level of maturity, and ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- Self-starter with the ability to work under a minimal level of supervision
- Previous experience working in multicultural and nonprofit organizations desired
Credentials: Current or recent enrollee in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Operations and Human Resources or non-profit management/administrative fields
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Administrative Support
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com
- Development Intern
- Transportation Volunteer
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Refugee Grocery Shopper Volunteer
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Refugee Benefits Volunteer
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...