This position is intended to provide qualified interns with the opportunity to learn about the resettlement process on the ground level. In this role, the intern will have the opportunity to apply and refine his/her skills related to coordination of program processes/procedures, and other office management functions as well as have the opportunity to assist program staff with direct client services as needed.Key Responsibilities
- Find/advocate for safe, clean, and affordable housing.
- Liaise between New American Pathways and apartment complexes.
- Assist in creating a welcoming home for refugees.
- Contact donors and arrange donation pickups.
- Administrative tasks include tracking contractor hours and recording outputs.
- Help organize New American Pathways’ facilities.
- Maintain punctuality and good attendance; notify the Housing Coordinator in the event of lateness or unexpected absence, and follow the organization’s protocol for planned absences.
- Organize and coordinate monthly volunteer apartment set-ups.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to occasionally lift 50lbs or more.
- Sensitivity to people of all cultures, ethnicities, and religious backgrounds
- Submit to a criminal background check
- Dependable and committed to the safety, health, and well-being of refugee youth
- Computer competency in MS Windows and MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- At least 18 years of age and able to be physically active and mentally prepared to work with refugees of different ages, abilities, and backgrounds
- Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
- Administrative Support
- Urban Planning
- Facilities Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Submit a resume & cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com
- Development Intern
- Transportation Volunteer
- Housing Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Refugee Grocery Shopper Volunteer
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Refugee Benefits Volunteer
- Project RISE AmeriCorps Members...
- Afterschool Program Intern-...