This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about operational aspects of New American Pathways’ Career Services Department. In this role, the intern will have opportunities to apply and refine his or her skills related to supporting our clients’ employment endeavors and career development.Key Responsibilities
- Conducts client interviews to determine competencies and qualifications as they relate to available employment opportunities
- Provides individualized training related to interviewing skills
- Assists client with resume preparation
- Conducts new client orientation programs that focus on American employment practices and laws, personal financial management, and budgeting skills
- Provides ongoing follow-up to support clients’ efforts toward self-sufficiency
- Provides outreach to new employers in collaboration with the department team
- Assists clients with transportation to interviews and orientations
- Assists with administrative duties
- Other duties as necessary
- ·Ability to communicate easily with people of various ethnic and educational backgrounds in written and oral form
- ·Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- ·Willingness to gain understanding of the basic refugee experience; sensitive to the refugees’ histories
- ·Sales drive and ability to call prospective employers
TO APPLY: Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to Mary Cash at email@example.com, no phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
- Administrative Support
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Send your resume &cover letter to Mary Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Development Intern
- Housing Intern
- Intern with our Financial...
- Human Resources Intern
- Interior Design Help Needed!
- Volunteer with our after-school...
- Young Women's Leadership Program...
- Vocational Counseling Intern
- Resettlement Intern
- Immigration Intern
- Support Atlanta's Refugee...
- English at Home Volunteer
- Operations Intern
- Communications and Marketing...
- Matching Grant/Financial...
- Afterschool Program Intern -...
- Careers Services Intern
- Finance Intern
- Afterschool Program Intern-...