Do you love to sing? Are you looking for a meaningful experience? The Threshold Siingers of Washington, DC provides small ensembles to sing to people at the threshold of living and dying in Washington, DC and Northern Virginia. Rehearsals are held in DC Tuesdays twice a month from 7 - 9 pm.
For those who are interested in singing with us, we don’t have auditions, as our singing is more about intention and heart, but we do ask 5 things:
- You have a pleasant voice and can carry a tune.
- You can hold your part in multiple-part singing.
- You can blend your voice with others.
- You can communicate kindness with your singing and spoken voice.
- You are willing to receive feedback about your voice and learn our bedside protocols.
We ask that new members before going to the bedside, attend rehearsals for a while to learn our core songs as well as attend a training to learn the tender needs of families going through end of life with a loved one.
- Music Therapy
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours per mon in rehearsals and bedside singing
- Attend rehearsals in DC twice a month on Tuesdays 7 - 9 pm, 3 hour hospice training