The Green Bay YMCA Full Circle Program is one of the charity partners for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon. This is a huge opportunity for the children and families affected by the Autism Spectrum or with sensory disorders, as this partnership gives us the chance to raise awareness and funds for this amazing program. It is also a great chance for wonderful volunteers like yourself to enjoy a day of service and fun! The Y is responsible for the following fun activities:
- Food Tent: Assist with preparing food and handing out food to race participants.
- Milk and Fruit Distribution: Pass out milk, oranges, and bananas at the finish line to runners.
- Beverage Tent: Assist with the distribution of beverages for runners and spectators on race day. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER.
- 5K Course Monitor: Stand on assigned corners of the 5K route and work as a crossing guard, stopping traffic to allow runners to run through.
- Course Cleanup (5K/Marathon/Half Marathon): Assist our waste management sponsor with picking up trash along the 5K (on Saturday) and Marathon and Half Marathon (Sunday) course routes. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER
Go to: http://volunteer.getmeregistered.com/events/open_opportunities.php?id=274 to sign up for any of the above opportunities to help support the Full Circle Program and the Y!
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- Shifts vary depending on the placement chosen.
- Children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult.