Reception Assistant - Lost & Found Pets
It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
5132 Voges RdMadison, WI 53718
The Reception Assistant - Lost and Found assists staff with helping to reunite lost pets with their owners.
- Entering Lost & Found reports received by owners over the phone or in person.
- Cross-checking stray animals brought to DCHS with lost reports and cross-checking found animals with lost reports.
- Following up on old lost reports to see if lost animals returned home and cancelling lost reports if appropriate.
- Reaching out to owners who have not provided a picture of their pet to see if they can provide one.
- If a match is found, contacting the possible owner and entering the information into our database.
- Walking owners through the shelter to see if their lost pet is here.
- Providing tips to owners to search for lost pets.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Reliable attendance and ability to work independently required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Volunteers must be good with computers. Will learn how to enter information into PetPoint (you do not need to know PetPoint before starting this position)
- Must pass a proficiency test after training
- Position is shift based with one (1) two-hour shift worked per week for a minimum of six (6) months.
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum six month commitment
Report this opportunity