As most of us learned from our parents and our grandparents, there is nothing more nourishing to the body and the soul than a home cooked meal. But for seniors living on a fixed income in a city that has become increasingly more expensive to live in, even fresh, nutritious food is a luxury many cannot afford. You can help us change that!
The Home Delivered Groceries Program serves homebound and disabled seniors with fresh fruits, vegetables, dry goods and proteins- everything they need to make nutritious and delicious meals, and to restore the dignity of being able to cook for themselves. Every Wednesday, Meals on Wheels volunteers assemble a week's worth of groceries and deliver them to 200 seniors. The problem is there are many more in need.
We need drivers! By committing to just 1-2 hours a week, you can help improve the lives of up to 20 seniors.
Meals On Wheels of San Francisco (MOWSF) is a local organization that has been serving meals to homebound seniors since 1970. As the largest meal provider in San Francisco, we deliver more than one million each year. We also provide social work, nutrition counseling and volunteer support to almost 3,000 seniors annually. Our goal is to "Nourish the Whole Person."
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Bus/Van Driving
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-3 hours per week
- Must have own car and insurance
- Driver Opportunities: Deliver...
- Make calls to check on homebound...
- Community Engagement Intern
- Good Neighbor Program: Join our...
- Be a Good Neighbor to a senior...
- Volunteer Social Services Intern
- Data & Research Intern
- Good Neighbor Program:...
- Home Delivered Groceries Driver
- Fresh Grocery Bag Assembly -...
- Spend a few hours talking with...