Homeless Women Volunteer Employment Assistant
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1777 Fifth AvenueSan Diego, CA 92101
TITLE: Homeless Women Volunteer Employment Assistant
OBJECTIVE: To help prepare women for employment opportunities.
TIME REQUIRED: Flexible, 8 hours per week, Mon. - Fri. 9AM to 5PM.
- Management Experience or leadership skills a plus
Capable and interested in working with women who have barriers to employment
Possess a sense of hospitality, flexibility, patience and good humor
Prompt and conscientious about keeping appointments
Knowledgeable and/or willingness to learn of entry-level and mid-level job opportunities that are accessible for women with disabilities and/or criminal records
Able to coach, not interfere or force, appropriate behaviors that lead to employment
OUTLINE OF SERVICES:
Provides basic administrative support for the Tomorrow Project Team
Participates in efforts to meet the needs of clients and agency requirements in consultation with the Tomorrow Project staff, contacts employer and clients after hire to identify and to help resolve any logistical problems.
Participates in the newly hired employee orientation when required by the employer.
Assists the Tomorrow Project staff to identify and contact prospective employers.
Assists women in completing resumes and submitting forms or applications for employment.
Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies and work procedures.
Provides direct services to/for Catholic Charities clients as assigned in a professional, courteous and caring manner while maintaining personal and professional boundaries.
Works with various community organizations that provide services to women, especially employment.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
Keep accurate records of volunteer service hours and activities.
Work collaboratively with the volunteer coordinator and communicate regularly with supervisor.
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Four to eight hours per week
- Experince with workforce services or in management a plus
- Tomorrow Project Mentor:...
- Homeless Women Volunteer...
- Volunteer ESL Instructor
- Help refugees become self...
- Volunteer Office Assistant/Health
- School and WIC Enrollment...
- Volunteer Case Management...
- Job Coach, Homeless Women
- Smoke-Free For All San Diegans...
- Volunteer Interpreter, Arabic,...
- Learn with a refugee! Become a...
- Transportation Aide, Help Newly...