Open Arms of Minnesota (OAM) is a nonprofit that prepares and delivers healthy, nutritious food to people living with cancer, HIV/AIDS, MS, and ALS. In our state-of-the-art kitchen, OAM staff
members and more than 2,200 volunteers create meals specifically designed for our clients’ nutritional needs. We use fresh and, whenever possible, organic ingredients, including produce from our own garden. Volunteers deliver the meals throughout the Twin Cities metro area to
approximately 850 clients, caregivers and dependents, providing nourishment and hope for families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. There are no fees for any of Open Arms’ services.
Open Arms is a volunteer-driven organization and is culturally unique in our high commitment to an excellent volunteer experience.
The Client Services Intern will directly assist the Client Services and Logistics & Delivery
Departments in a variety of day-to-day projects. The intern will assist with daily delivery operations,
conduct regular communication with clients, and maintain client records and information.
Open Arms is looking for a unique individual who is smart, empathetic, and detail-oriented. This is
an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining direct service experience.
A commitment of 10-20 hours a week for a minimum of three months is required. A commitment of
6 months is preferred. This is an unpaid internship, although Open Arms will work with colleges or
universities to help the intern receive credit for their work.
- * Passion for the mission of Open Arms
- * Demonstrated ability to serve clients with diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- * Strong communication skills and outstanding ability to maintain and foster relationships to
ensure success working with a diverse base of volunteers and clients
- * Independent worker
- * Computer savvy
- * Ability to operate standard office equipment (such as telephone, computer, printer and copy
- * Ability to sit for long periods of time and work on a computer or talk on the phone
- * Valid driver’s license required; access to a vehicle is preferred
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter detailing pertinent experience to Aoife O'Connor at email@example.com.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 240 hours over the course of the semester
- Intern at Open Arms of MN!
- Bring nourishment to those in...
- Get together & deliver support!
- Nonprofit Internship
- Be the Smiling Face at Open Arms...
- Deliver Meals to Those in Need!
- Client Services Internship
- Client Bag Decorating
- Group Kitchen Opportunity
- Prepare Meals for Those in Need!
- Bring Delicious Meals to Those...
- Become a Volunteer and Prep...
- Looking for a meaningful and fun...
- Deliver Meals to Those in need...
- Bring Nourishment to Those in...
- Team Meal Delivery Opportunity
- Open Farms Internship
- Family Delivery Opportunity