Rise unlocks potential and opens doors to success for people with disabilities or other challenges through creative solutions and customized support.
SPECIAL EVENT: Serve at Celebrate Rise's Annual Fundraising Gala on October 6th. Volunteers can choose to help with set up, assist with games during the social hour, help during the live auction or tear down at the end of the event.
You can also get involved with RISE through these opportunities below:
Serve at Michael's clothing closet where people can find professional clothing and accessories for their job interviews and work at no cost. Responsibilities include:
- Sort and organize donated clothing
- Organize and display new donations to make them convenient for people
- Box up items that are no longer useful to donate elsewhere.
- Help the people we serve and/or team members "shop" for needed items
- Identify needs within Michael's Closet.
- Accept donations and complete donation form with donor so Development can track them and write thank you letters.
- Friendly and helpful demeanor
- Ability to work on their feet for several hours at a time
- Comfortability with bending, lifting, hanging, reaching, etc.
- Willingness to work independently
- Standing commitment of 3 hour shift at least once a week between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Or consider volunteering with Art Speaks that allows people we serve to express themselves artistically. Creating art fosters self-esteem, promotes self-regulation and relaxation, reduces anxiety, increases independence and develops problem-solving and decision making skills. Art speaks volunteers conduct a wide variety of activities to ensuring the program runs successfully. Volunteer duties range from assisting our art therapist in preparing and cleaning up the art supplies to aiding the people we serve in executing the art the way they want to create. Your support provides a vital extra pair of hands for the artists.
Major responsibilities (these will vary depending on the site, persons served and art activity)
- Art supply preparation and clean up
- Assisting artists with completing their art (including hand-over physical assistance, loading paintbrushes or reaching parts of the paper)
- Verbal encouragement and redirection
- Monitoring art supplies and materials
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Patience and good listening skills
- Comfortable with art supplies preferred but not required
Location and Time Commitment: Opportunities are available at the following locations and times
- CIP Anoka: Fridays 12 pm-1pm
- Creative Partnerships North: Tuesdays 12:30 PM- 1:15 PM
- Data Availability (At Crystal): Wednesdays 12:30 PM - 1:15 PM
- Creative Partnerships South: Mondays or Thursdays 12 PM - 1 PM
Commitment can be either bi weekly or weekly.
- Make a difference in someone's life by helpiing them find and express their voice through art.
- Gain a deeper understanding of people with disabilities
- Interact and participate in fun art activities with the people we serve
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours a week. You choose the day!
- Volunteer with Unity Hospital!
- Interviewers: Anoka Act on...
- Be a beacon of hope as an Anoka...
- Help NACE Foodshelf expand their...
- Be a part of a shared purpose...
- Serve with purpose and volunteer...
- Have fun as a group respite...
- Do Lunch with Impact Services!
- Be a friend at "The Gathering"...
- Change lives through...
- Office experts, Organizing...
- Join Youthway Center's Food...
- Encourage others at Metro North...
- Be a superhero to someone by...
- "The Gathering" at Linwood...
- Welcome families at the Family...
- Connect with others over the...
- Southern Anoka County Meals on...
- Serve at Rise's Annual...
- The need is immediate,...