Graphic Design Volunteer/Intern Wanted
The Los Angeles Chapter of the USNC for UN WOMEN is looking for the following positions: art Director, marketing coordinator, graphic design volunteers as well as interns to join our marketing and communications committee. This committee is made up of a blend of mentors and interns who are experts in marketing, social media, branding and design and passionately donate their expertise and experience in support of UN Women as part of their inner drive to improve and raise awareness for women's rights, human rights and gender equality.
Ideal intern candidates would have a passion for women's rights and social justice. We are looking for energetic, creative and highly organized graphic designer/social media interns to help manage, organize and develop graphics and posts for the website, social media and email marketing campaigns.
This part-time position, 5 - 10 hours per week, requires a passion for design, digital and social media, exceptional attention to detail, superb time management, and a natural ownership and pride in the product and ideas you bringing to life.
Possible internship credit available depending on each school or university's requirements.
- Strong design skills, written & verbal communication skills shown in a submitted portfolio
- Strong knowledge of the mac, indesign, adobe illustrator & photoshop
- Proficient in dropbox, mail chimp, google docs a plus
- Love of social media and creating unique graphics and images to engage a social audience & influencers
- Understanding of the importance of brand continuity
- Multi-tasker eager to learn and grow in your career
- Major in marketing, graphic design, fine art or visual communications a plus
- Collaborative team player working with the social media team on weekly posts possibly using tools like Canva
- Experience creating images and posting on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube
Please email resume, cover letter & portfolio* links to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Portfolio and samples of work can be submitted as a pdf, website, behance or dribble url.
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment