51 people are interested
Design & Communications Team members - UN Women USA LA
51 people are interested
UN Women USA LA Communications
Are you a designer, marketing or social media professional who is looking to utilize your design skills for social good? Are you someone who’s not only passionate about having an impact but also believes in the importance of an inclusive, community-driven approach to address social issues?
UN Women USA LA is currently looking to bring on more design capacity to our campaigns and events. You will be working as part of the Design and Communications team to implement a wide range of projects from day-to-day design creation or marketing plans to strategic design planning for our campaigns and chapter events.
About UN Women
United Nations Women is the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. UN Women was created to accelerate progress on meeting the needs of underserved women & girls worldwide.
UN Women USA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA advocates on behalf of UN Women locally throughout the Los Angeles region. We are currently seeking enthusiastic Communications professionals to be part of an inspiring team dedicated to supporting UN Women projects that span 100 countries around the globe! Find us on all social media platforms @UNWomenLA
This is a great opportunity to share and/or expand your design and communications skills! Internship opportunities also available.
We seek candidates with relevant design backgrounds. Designers backgrounds include but are not limited to: graphic design, visual design, service design, design strategy, human-centered design, design-thinking, participatory design, experience design, and interaction design.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Basic fundamentals of visual design (typography, layouts, color choice, etc)
- Strong sense of visual communication and relevant design background
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign, as well as online design platforms such as Canva
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and any web-based platforms a strong plus
- Understanding or familiarity of the Human-Centered Design (HCD) or design-thinking process and principles
- Experience with leading or facilitating HCD workshops a strong plus
- Passion for gender equality, women empowerment, human rights, and related social issues
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks as well as work independently while meeting tight deadlines
- Effective time-management and strong attention to detail
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented
- Create compelling and cohesive collateral materials that would amplify the voice of women and girls around the world. Examples of collateral materials include event flyers, digital invites, campaign-based graphics, press kits, presentation decks, event posters, and printable handouts.
- Collaborate with the Communications/Outreach team to manage postings on social media, publish monthly newsletters, and assist with other outreach and promotional materials
- Work with the Design Director and other design-thinkers in the team from a strategic level to incorporate Human-Centered Design principles in project planning, campaigns, and chapter events
- Assist team members, both designers, and non-designers, on the day of the event (if local) or a few days leading up to events
This is an unpaid volunteer/internship opportunity. You will be working remotely and independently while having regular check-ins with the Design Director via phone call, video conference, or in-person meetings (if local).
Time Requirement: Varies. 5 hours/week
FOR MORE INFO/INQUIRIES:
About UN Women USA LA Chapter
2 Washington Ave., Santa Monica, CA 90403, US
UN Women USA LA is an independent non-profit, 501c3 organization that supports the mission of UN Women and social, political, and economic equality for women and girls around the world. Our members and supporters are men, women, and children in cities around the country who give their time and resources to support a world where women of all ages have access to education and employment opportunities, and sustainable livelihoods that enable them to live free of gender-based violence.
UN Women USA LA is a multi-community-based effort. As such, we maintain relevance to local women in the community, in a manner that is sustainable, cost effective and ecologically responsible. The Chapter strives to actualize an identifiable connection between local and global concerns put into practice by our projects, programs and advocacy efforts. This includes research, education and advocacy for underserved women and girls in support of international programs for UN Women. We endeavor to partner with private and public sectors, non-for-profit organizations and concerned individuals in order to raise awareness and support for UN Women.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 23, 2021
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Visual Arts
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design / Print
- Please contact us for more information.