ABOUT THE OVERNIGHT: The Out of the Darkness Overnight Walk is the flagship fundraising event for AFSP and is responsible for almost 15% of their annual fundraising. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the leading national not-for-profit organization exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy, and to reaching out to people with mental disorders and those impacted by suicide. See www.afsp.org for more details.
REGISTER HERE: http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.event&eventID=518
WHAT IS CREW: Hundreds of registered participants that are a part of the entire event to provide crucial support to the Walkers along their journey.
- Distribue snacks and water
- Place the Route Signage
- Drive Event Vehicles
- Ride your bicycle or motorcycle to ensure Walker safety
- Provide basic first aid and care
- Offer emotional and mental support
- Assist the Event Staff
What you do on the Crew depends on your skills, interests, physical abilities and current Crew need. If you want to help and are willing to give your all, we've got a job for you!
You'll receive training to prepare you for Walk weekend, t-shirts, meals, but most importantly, a chance to join a community of thousands who will be saving lives.
WHEN: Saturday, May 20th - Sunday, May 21st
WHERE: Start and end at Ruocco Park - downtown
For more information and to register, please visit theovernight.org or contact Angie Cosgrove, Crew & Volunteer Coordinator at 424.257.5055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: Crew members are part of the whole event. Most Crew members start at noon on the day of the Walk and finish after Closing Ceremonies. Some Crew roles require heavy lifting, standing on your feet for long periods of time, the ability to drive and navigate, or starting in the morning of Event day.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- For the full event