Help adult learners become computer literate and improve their chances of finding a job and breaking out of poverty!
We are looking for computer-savvy, patient, and personable volunteers to facilitate and lead computer literacy activities in class at least once a week. During this class, students work to develop their basic computer skills using a curriculum based on the Northstar Digital Literacy Assessments ( https://www.digitalliteracyassessment.org/).
These classes will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wedneday evenings from 5:30-6:15 PM during our Fall term, which runs from September 6 - December 19, 2016. You can choose to volunteer on one or several days.
Volunteers will be asked to:
- Attend a pre-service orientation and training
- Lead full-class lessons on computer topics as needed, indicated by student pre-tests
- Assist students one-on-one and in small groups in using the computers and Microsoft Office software
- Develop and facilitate lessons and activities for learners based on their computer needs
- Answer any student questions regarding technical or academic issues
- Coordinate with staff and their co-teacher on student needs
Volunteering as a computer instructor is a great way to give back to your community, help adults develop new and useful skills, and have fun while doing it!
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check