A massage therapist volunteer’s gift of time and skill completes the circle of care that is offered through hospice.
Hospice is designed to provide comfort care as well as spiritual and emotional support in the final phase of a terminal illness. At Grace Hospice, we focus on enhancing the quality of life and our massage therapist volunteers play a key role in our mission. Grace Hospice ensures that our patients will spend their final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity.
Massage therapy has been proven to be an effective therapeutic tool for pain relief and symptom management. As a complimentary therapy, massage must be appropriately administered by a certified massage therapist.
If you are caring, compassionate, have a true desire to help others and are a certified massage therapist, becoming a Grace Hospice volunteer may be the perfect opportunity for you!
Visit the Grace Hospice website for details or to apply at https://www.ghospice.com/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities.html. Otherwise, contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 616.432.2050.
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month
- Certified Massage Therapist
- Office Volunteer for Grace Hospice
- Friend to Hospice Patients
- Friendly Companion for Hospice...
- End of Life Support
- Someone Needs You
- Life Review with Hospice Patients
- Friend to the End
- Hospice volunteer
- Friendship to Hospice Patient
- Hospice Volunteer
- Caregiver Relief for Hospice...
- Hospice Buddy
- Sitting with Hospice Patient
- Friend to Hospice Patient
- Relationship Building at End of...
- Meaningful Activities with...
- Spending Time with Hospice...
- Companionship for Hospice Patient
- Activities with Hospice Patients
- Doing Something that Matters