During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
Do you have a certified pet therapy dog? We are looking for canine good citizens to join our growing hospice program as a furry friend to our patients.
If you have the passion, skills, and a heart full of love and would like to share your therapy dog with us we would love to meet you. Training is required for all handlers:
1. Trained/certified through Therapy Dogs International or Pet Partners
2. Ability to communicate well with all people of diverse backgrounds and ages
3. Able to respect confidentiality at all times
4. Comfortable with the death and dying process
5. Self-motivation, dependable and responsible
6. Able to work independently
7. Able to work in an ever-changing environment
8. Able to practice proper infection control
9. Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age
1. Provide support to patients and caregivers.
2. Provide friendly companionship to patients.
3. Visit patients with therapy dog.
1. Complete a volunteer application form, interview, background check, health screening, TB test or chest x-ray if history of BCG exists per hospice program policy and volunteer training.
2. Provide proof of pet therapy training and documentation of dog's health records.
3. Able to make a commitment of a few hours per month for one year.
4. Maintains open communication with other team members, reporting events or changes in patient condition to the Volunteer Services Coordinator or other interdisciplinary team members.
5. Record accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities.
6. Complete mandatory in-services annually.
7. Attend volunteer support meetings as needed.
14 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851, US
Constellation Health Services is dedicated to delivering the best possible health care services to people at all points of life. We are governed by the most rigorous standards of professional ethics and committed to maintaining a fulfilling and balanced work experience for all employees.
Constellation Hospice is a special concept of care, focused on providing comfort, relieving pain and offering support to those with life-limiting health conditions and their families. Constellation Hospice addresses the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the individual, while attending to the equally important needs of their family and caregivers. Our team of hospice professionals and volunteers work cooperatively with the patient, their family and primary care physician to create a customized care plan. We believe every person deserves to live out his or her life with respect, dignity and comfort in an environment that promotes quality of life. We would love for YOU to join our team! Call Catharine at 203-845-8000.
We'll work with your schedule.
14 Westport AvenueNorwalk, CT 06851
May 18, 2020