Looking for Certified Pet Therapy Dogs to Join Our Growing Hospice
3 people are interested
Do you have a certified pet therapy dog? We are looking for canine good citizens to join our growing hospice program as a furry friend to our patients.
If you have the passion, skills, and a heart full of love and would like to share your therapy dog with us we would love to meet you. Training is required for all handlers:
1. Trained/certified through Therapy Dogs International or Pet Partners
2. Ability to communicate well with all people of diverse backgrounds and ages
3. Able to respect confidentiality at all times
4. Comfortable with the death and dying process
5. Self-motivation, dependable and responsible
6. Able to work independently
7. Able to work in an ever-changing environment
8. Able to practice proper infection control
9. Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age
1. Provide support to patients and caregivers.
2. Provide friendly companionship to patients.
3. Visit patients with therapy dog.
1. Complete a volunteer application form, interview, background check, health screening, TB test or chest x-ray if history of BCG exists per hospice program policy and volunteer training.
2. Provide proof of pet therapy training and documentation of dog's health records.
3. Able to make a commitment of a few hours per month for one year.
4. Maintains open communication with other team members, reporting events or changes in patient condition to the Volunteer Services Coordinator or other interdisciplinary team members.
5. Record accurate, objective, timely documentation of volunteer activities.
6. Complete mandatory in-services annually.
7. Attend volunteer support meetings as needed.
About Constellation Health Services
14 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06880, US
Constellation Health Services is dedicated to delivering the best possible health care services to people at all points of life. We are governed by the most rigorous standards of professional ethics and committed to maintaining a fulfilling and balanced work experience for all employees.
Constellation Health Services, formerly Norwalk Rehabilitation and Health and Home Care Resources, provides a diverse yet interconnected range of health care services to the communities of southern Connecticut as well as our new locations in Nassau, Suffolk and Queens counties in New York. Founded in 1985, the company officially changed its name in 2009 to reflect the increased range, both in terms of services offered and geographic reach. We have evolved into a dynamic, diversified health services company with over 200 staff members. In addition to our Medicare Certified, State Licensed Home Care Agency - Constellation Home Care, we also provide school based therapy to many school districts throughout Connecticut through Constellation School-Based Therapy as well as the interconnected services of Constellation Geriatric Care Management, Constellation Private Duty Services and Constellation Hospice.
We'll work with your schedule.
14 Westport AvenueNorwalk, CT 06851
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment varies.