Hospice is a philosophy of caring for patients whose medical conditions are not responding to treatment or for those patients who choose not to seek aggressive medical care at the end stage of life. It is a program for patients who are considered terminal and are expected to live six months or less if the disease follows its natural course, although many patients outlive this time frame.
The hospice philosophy focuses on comfort care not curative care. The goal of hospice care is for the patient to remain as comfortable and pain-free as possible in their own home or the home of a loved one through the end of life.
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Massage Therapy
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Office Volunteer for Grace Hospice
- Friend to Hospice Patients
- Friendly Companion for Hospice...
- End of Life Support
- Someone Needs You
- Life Review with Hospice Patients
- Friend to the End
- Hospice volunteer
- Friendship to Hospice Patient
- Hospice Volunteer
- Caregiver Relief for Hospice...
- Hospice Buddy
- Sitting with Hospice Patient
- Friend to Hospice Patient
- Relationship Building at End of...
- Meaningful Activities with...
- Spending Time with Hospice...
- Companionship for Hospice Patient
- Activities with Hospice Patients
- Doing Something that Matters