Under the family and patient support program, you will take on a small caseload of patients in which you will visit each of them in their homes or a skilled nursing facility on a weekly basis. Depending on the patient's circumstances, you may be providing caregiver respite or patient companionship. This will give you the opportunity to enhance your communication skills, learn about complex family dynamics, and understand the symptoms and complications of various terminal illnesss. We try to assign patients within a 10-20 mile radius of work or home of volunteer.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Special Projects Volunteer:...
- Aromatherapy Volunteer
- Translator Volunteer for Hospice
- Reiki Volunteer
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Music Volunteer for Hospice...
- Veterans To Help Honor Veterans
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Hair and Nail Care--Hospice
- Family and Patient Support
- Graphic Designer Volunteer
- Volunteer for Hospice Patients