Shopping for a Change founder is looking for just the right person, to become a key player in our organization. A bit about us...
Shopping for a Change, an all volunteer, web-based non-profit organization, is a fair trade marketplace where artisans, predominantly women from developing countries, sell their handmade creations, enabling them to earn a sustainable income and lift themselves from poverty.
Our net proceeds fund community improvement projects abroad with a focus on clean water, health care, and education, as well as U.S.-based charities.
Now into our sixth year in business, Stacey Horowitz, our founder and CEO is searching for an individual with whom she can team up, and delegate a variety of projects. Operating out of San Mateo, this is an in-house position. You would be available to work for 3-4 hours a day, 2-4 days a week, preferably in the afternoons.
- love the idea of shopping to create change in the world?
- consider yourself a good writer?
- work as well in a team as you do solo?
- want to help make a significant contribution to our growth?
Are you a creative thinker, strong organizer, and tech savvy? If so, we’d love to hear from you. PLease share your resume/or detailed description of your background, tell us about your strengths, why you are interested, and your time availability. This is a M-F, day time opportunity.
- Administrative Support
- Problem Solving
- Business Development
- Retail / Sales
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- flexible, but would like a minimum of 8+ hours
- Need own laptop and transportation to our in-home office