58 people are interested
Social Media Content Editor/Manager for Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
58 people are interested
The Social Media Manager is in charge of managing strategy and other social media volunteers for all social media outlets for Rukundo International (RI). The Social Media Manager assures RI is marketed in a positive way and helps to expand awareness. Volunteers who are granted access to post or create content in an official capacity must undergo supervision and, where required, training in appropriate conduct specific to each platform.
- Assure that posts are being made with the following minimum frequency:
- Twitter: one to three tweets per work day (up to two retweets per work day)
- Facebook: five posts per week
- Instagram: five posts per week
- Track interactions whenever possible on all social media by using the available technology.
- Assure posts are: moral, helpful/interesting, kind, and/or true.
- Must consistently monitor sites at least once per day.
- "Like," comment, or acknowledge all interactions in some way.
- Quickly address any inappropriate message or misuse and respond to negative comments and questions.
- If a post has misinformation, correct it.
- Scout for compliments and criticism. If a positive or negative message about RI appears online that is important, consider sharing by forwarding to President.
- Assure community highlights and success stories are being promoted.
- Engage with other users and nonprofits interested in our mission by liking and commenting.
- Log all hours.
- Excellent communication skills
- Competent with social media programs, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Competent with MS office applications
- Committed to the message of Rukundo International
- Editing/proofreading skills
- Works well with minimal supervision
1-2 hours per work day (Mon-Fri)
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 15, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training