Starlight Children's Foundation is a charity dedicated to brightening the lives of seriously ill children, teens and their families across Australia.
We’re currently looking for an Office Volunteer to support our Partnerships Team. The Volunteer would be great at making phone calls to source donated goods and services and build relationships. They will be able to think out of the box to assist the team with pre and post- event preparation.
If you’re interested in an opportunity to help support a high-performing team to assist with fundraising campaigns and events, within one of Australia’s most trusted children’s charities, this is the gig for you!
The role is available now and requires at least a 10 hour commitment over 2 days per week, for a minimum of 6 months.
You will be responsible for:
* Completing research on the internet or over the phone & recording findings in MS Office application
* Sourcing donated goods and services over the phone
* Assisting to prepare for events and presentations (e.g. putting goodie bags together, creating prize certificates)
* Providing general administrative support to the team, including document preparation
We are looking for someone who has:
* Professional phone manner and competent in making cold calls to source donated goods
* Excellent time management and organisational skills
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Effectiveness in a face paced and constantly changing environment
* Willingness to take control of work and be proactive
* A 'can do' attitude
* A Working with Children Check (or willing to apply)
* Willingness to undergo a National Police Check!
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you!
You will be working from the Starlight head office in Naremburn, NSW and we are excited to welcome you to the team.
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours over 2 days per week for 6 months
- Professional and Personal References