Vigil volunteers are trained to be able to go and sit with a hospice patient who is in the process of dying so that they do not die alone. Sometimes a Vigil Volunteer is needed to help relieve the family who may need to rest or they may be needed because the hospice patient does not have any family that are able to come to be with them at their time of death. No hands on care is required. Just someone with a caring heart to sit and hold a hand. Full training is provided.
**"The last good thing that may happen in a person's life is a hospice volunteer"**
- Music Therapy
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Be a friend to a hospice patient!
- Friendly Visitor in Churubusco!
- Evening Hospice Buddy!
- Bedside Vigil Volunteer Needed
- Lend a helping hand to a hospice...
- Be A Hospice Buddy in North...
- Evening/Night Vigil Volunteer...
- Lawn Care/Yard Work
- Office Help Needed
- Vigil Volunteer-"Nobody Should...
- Be a Buddy for the Terminally...
- Be a buddy for the terminally ill!
- Breast Cancer Walk Volunteer
- Faith-Based Volunteers
- Certified Pet Visitor for...
- Bedside Vigil for Hospice...
- Be a Hospice Buddy and make a...
- Event Photographer
- Be a Hospice Buddy in Angola!
- Be a Friendly Visitor and change...