Feed the Hungry - 2 Opps (Manna)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
24 people are interested
We have two major volunteer opportunities at this location.
1. Soup Kitchen: A long standing program which is run 2 meals a day year round. We need assistance with preparing the room, delivering the meaks, conversing with patrons, and more. This is a time when you will be able to communicate with someone who needs your help, your ear and your heart.
2. Community Garden: A major undertaking was started in the past year plus to develop a community garden project. This project will help with vegetables to the food pantry, kitchen, individual homes or their place of abode, and much more. We need people with green-thumbs, Master Gardners would also be deeply appreciated, and those who think they are just home gardners. Come and join this project.
Please let me know which project or both.
About KANAWHA COUNTY RSVP
One United Way Square, Charleston, WV 25301, US
Make a Difference in Your Community!
RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) provides opportunities for people 55 and over to make a difference in their community through volunteer service. RSVP volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, day care centers, police departments, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of older Americans with opportunities to help solve community problems and offers supplemental insurance while on duty, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where volunteers are placed.
We'll work with your schedule.
One United Way Square - MannaManna MealsCharleston, WV 25301
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 55
- Your call as much or as little as yoou can provide