Health Benefits Navigation Volunteer
Benefits in Action
This position requires Passion to help consumers find the benefits and other assistance available in order to live a healthy independent life. Help will be in the form of providing education in a group or one on one setting. Providing consumers help in navigating the vast array of benefits available using a number of tools and resources available. And finally, assisting with application completion.
Responsibilities & Duties Available:
- Answers calls and returns messages
- Gathers necessary information from clients
- Answers questions about Benefits In Action services
- Provides application assistance for Benefits In Action clients
- Upholds HIPAA policies and procedures throughout process
- Documentation as required for reporting volunteer work
- Participates in regular exchanges of information
- Submits ideas for improvements and provides input
- Attends trainings as required
- Other opportunities as available
Support - training will be provided:
- Provided on services offered
- Specific benefits training
About Benefits in Action
8725 W 14th Ave, Suite 102, Lakewood, CO 80215, US
Benefits in Action is a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting our diverse community with a focus on the elderly and underserved, to improve their understanding, access, and utilization of food- and health-related benefits to enhance food security, health, and well-being.
Benefits In Action is a team of talented and committed staff and volunteers who promise the consumer the best opportunity for access to benefits and assistance programs. We possess the passion and the experience to help consumers find the benefits and other assistance available in order to live a healthy independent life. We provide education to consumers as they enter the complex world of health care benefits. We provide help in navigating the vast array of benefits available using a number of tools and resources and finally, we assist with application completion and submission.