MVRC Seeks Communications Board Member
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1318 Dale StreetSuite 110Raleigh, NC 27605
MVRC is seeking a Board Members who are dedicated to assisting our local Raleigh/Durham/Triangle military community. This is a great opportunity for seasoned and new professionals alike!
Time Commitment: MVRC meets once per month for 1 hour close to North Hills (currently 2nd Tuesday at 600pm) Volunteers may spend an additional 2-5 hours per month working on their assigned roles. Communications Chair is a 1 year term, renewable.
The Communications Chair is responsible for ensuring the monthly newsletters, social media postings and arranging marketing and media for specific events. The chair leads a committee of 3-5 members and reports to the board on behalf of the committee at our monthly, in person, board meeting.
The communications chair should have experience using MailChimp, WordPress, Facebook or like platforms. Access to graphic or advanced programs for flyer or marketing materials is a plus.
It is helpful for anyone who will be on our board to be interested in, or have served/family of the military. It is NOT required, but it is a tremendous help to our mission to understand the military in a general sense. Diverse candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please include some details about yourself when you respond!
Member(s) at Large (Committee Chairs)
- Terms Differ per role. 1x renewable
- Serve as the lead for one MVRC committee (Partnership and Outreach, Fundraising, Events, Communications, Volunteer)
- Attend virtual or in person meetings outside of board meeting relevant to committee work
- Generates ideas and objectives to assist in meeting organizational goals
- Serve as a fully active Committee member, coordinating committee meetings and happenings
- Providing Committee report to Chair prior to each Board meeting
- Providing Board oversight to insure that Committees are carrying out their Committee charge and duties.
- Public Relations
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-5 hours per month
- professionalism, passion for military, community outreach