Do you want to make a positive impact and help your community?
Are you passionate about educating, advocating and supporting those with mental health conditions and their loved ones?
The National Alliance on Mental Illness San Diego (NAMI SD) is the nation's largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
By volunteering for NAMI San Diego you have the opportunity to do the following:
- Be a friendly and supportive presence in the lobby of a local mental health hospital, providing families visiting loved ones with information on NAMI San Diego, support and hope.
- Answer the Helpline, giving resources and support to community members.
- Become an Ending the Silence presenter! Visit High Schools, share your story and and increase awareness of mental health issues and resource on High School campuses.
- Table at Resource Fairs & Community Events. Provide information, resources and support to the community. Volunteer for NAMI's monthly Education & Advocacy meetings. Also assist with NAMI events like The Color Ball & NAMIWalks.
- Be a companion and offer hope, Support, Friendship and Inspiration/Motivation. Go grab coffee at Starbucks, enjoy a gathering at the beach, experience a new exhibit at a local museum, and much more.
- Help around the administrative office.
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training