Join a dynamic group of individuals motivated by the need to protect our natural world with particular emphasis on environmental conservation and education. The Hospitality Chair works with the Membership Chair, the General Manager, the Board President, other volunteers, and reports directly to the Membership Chair.
- Gain Hospitality, catering, or event planning experience
- Learn about our local environment and conservation issues in your area
- Meet new people from a wide variety of industries and backgrounds
- Prior experience with hospitality or catering a plus
- Interest in conservation or birding (you will get to attend our classes and presentations)
- A great attitude and a desire to help the Chapter succeed.
- Ability to make a 9-10 month commitment, (September-June)
- Organized with attention to detail and deadlines
- The ability to communicate directions
- Ability to take the initiative and demonstrate leadership, and delegate tasks to volunteers
- As host, ensure that members and guests are comfortable, welcomed, and appreciated!
- Work with a team of volunteers to provide refreshments, including setup and cleanup, at our informative program meetings held on Thursday evenings, 8 times a year.
- Assist with planning two dinners and a summer barbeque. Plan menus, coordinate volunteer cooks or catering, pick up and deliver supplies, and run the dinner, including setup and cleanup, with a team of volunteers.
- Coordinate refreshments for other Chapter events, as needed.
We encourage our volunteer leaders to be creative in their role, to involve other volunteers and the community in their work, and to develop strategies and procedures to make their job easier.
Eastside Audubon connects people with nature through bird and plant walks, conservation activities and a wide variety of classes for both children and adults. Established in 1980 as a Chapter of National Audubon, Eastside Audubon has grown to 1,000+ strong and serves the urban and rural communities east of Seattle.
The mission of Eastside Audubon is to protect, preserve and enhance natural ecosystems and our communities for the benefit of birds, other wildlife and people.
- Cooking / Catering
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours a month